From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Don Line
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 8:17 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Fire update

Fire update from local news;

"Fire crews just put out a 50 acre brush fire in Cottonwood Canyon,
just west of Whitewater.  120 firefights were on scene late Tuesday
night.  They're worried high winds could cause flames to spark up again.
 They'll be working until Wednesday morning to make sure the fire
remains out.  Investigators say the fire started when a hiker tried to
light a camping stove."