[pct-l] Trail closed, huh?

Hello again Shutterbug and thanks again for the help and advise.

Trail Closed?    Maybe it was some sort of Forest Service Special Holiday

Just hiked Inspiratioin Point to Cajon Pass yesterday.

No huge lengths of snow that can't be overcome by stepping onto the road
next to the trail on the west side.  The long ones have footprints (I like
footprints).  Most are taking the road paralell and usually real close to
the road.  Snow is mainly two miles south of Acorn trail to a few miles
north of Guffy.  Near the Acorn trail it's a ridgewalk which also helps
navagation.  Found the Acorn Trail sign easily on the ridgetop, but I've
been there before and SOBO I timed it one mile from Guffy.  (NOBO I think
it's two miles north of where the snow begins covering trail.) It also has
a clear view and drop to the west of a flat mountain face, all snow and no
trees, and somewhat of a drop to the east into the trees at that point.
The road is on the drop to the west just barely out of sight (I think).

There's no snow at the base of the 15" x 20" brown wood sign mounted on one
4x4 post.

Can't see the trail down from the top.

Most hikers get off at Inspiratiion Point.

.

North if Inspiration Point?
100 yards was the longest stretch of snow I remember.  No one was there to
turn me away, but I took the Southfork and Manzanita trail anyway(Check
with Mountain Hardware in Wrightwood for easy directions).  I walked
throught the two tunnels on 2, but the rest of the trail wasn't difficult.
Snow dies out and I no more on trail through Sectioin F (to Walker Pass).

Warner Springs Monty

only one ridge from the bottom ------- but from the top you have NO point
of reference -everything is treed.  Sign was NOT buried the three times I
was there this winter.

> Duane shutterbugg
>
> dsaufley@sprynet.com wrote:
> What I've heard is that they can't FIND the PCT above the Acorn Trail.
Those making it over Baden Powell have bushwacked.

> L-Rod

_http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/index.ssf?/base/news-15/1115995809192990.x
ml