[pct-l] Snow at Donner Pass

A couple of days ago we drove over Donner Pass.  At about 6000 ft we saw significant snow especially on the north faceing slopes.  At 7000 there's tons of snow both north and south slopes.  Snow at the pass is up to the roof top of the bathrooms at the rest stops.  An historical snow level chart displayed inside the bathrooms shows that the latest recorded date for zero snow at the pass is June 15th.  Don't be surprised if that date is surpassed this year.  It snowed at the high elevations just 2 days ago and another storm is expected tomorrow.  The weatherman claims this should be the last for the season.  We shall see.

Caryl & Brian

Discover Yahoo!
 Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more.  Check it out!