[pct-l] Section D - Cooper Cyn - Pines Forest Service "mis-"info center

Hi All
I finally made it back out to Cooper Cyn today! Snow? what Snow? well it was there when I was there yesterday?

It is melting fast an furiously, didn't go up to Mt Williamson but there are just patches now, same with Mt Islip and points South. 1 thru hiker I spoke with came up the South Fork Trail he reported some down trees below Reed Spring, problem for Pack Stock?

Cleared about 20 or so trees blocking the trail in this 7.7 mile segment, there are 2 washouts 0.6 miles below Cooper Cyn Trail Camp (397.2) where it would be difficult for pack stock to get by if they got by the 30" log 1.7 miles below (391.9) Eagles Roost Picnic.

Surprisingly little damage overall not like the "Front Country" where walls of water came rolling through the canyon bottoms.

Regarding Pines Forest Service "mis-"info center turning hikers away, they are going to get someone killed sending hikers on county roads to South Fork Trail people drive very fast on these roads, I feel the risk of getting hit by a car is much greater than the small risk the slide area will let loose while you are there, or better yet stay off the road and take the trail at Blue Ridge (371.9)

Trail90