[pct-l] southbounders and flipper floppers

Hi Tasha...

Mara did a southbound roll call prior to the ADZ... I will paste the info that she collected regarding southbound hikers and their departure dates.... this was updated as of 4/23/05. Things could have changed since then.

The weather in June in Washington is usually not great (read that to be cool and wet). Summer does not usually arrive in the Pacific Northwest until after July 4.   Usually trails would still be snow choked in June; however, with the unusually light snowfall this year, we are  seeing the trails clear much earlier than normal.   There still could be snow, especially in the northern sections in early to mid-June.

The FS Rangers are currently reporting alot of bear activity North of Stehekin, and are requesting that hikers use appropriate food storage methods (I won't go into that one!)

I hope that this information is useful to you!  Sounds like we won't be alone hiking south this year!

Here is the updated SOBO roll call:

NAME			LEAVE MANNING 	EMAIL
Kelly and Dave 		May 1st, maybe later	davidspangler@hotmail.com
Eric and April Lehman	Last week in May	e_lehman@theory.csail.mit.edu
Tom P. (Start Slow)		June 1 (FF)
Roni H.                                      June 2-21
Warner Spring Monty		 June 4 (FF)		metam01@earthlink.net
Mara Jeffress                             June 4			mara@jeffress.net
Jean Partlow (Grey Wolf)	June 4 	wordsnstats@pocketmail.com
Helene (Emerald Dragon)	June 4 	wordsnstats@pocketmail.com
Kevin Ragan                              June 8
Elizabeth			June 6	(FF)	elizabeth_morton@hotmail.com
Nathan Young  	                1st week in June		ny74@hotmail.com
Rick Alway (Osprey)		June 11 (FF)		osprey@att.net
Marge (the old gal) +1		June 15 (section)	marge@prothman.org
Terri                                          June 15		sevenon7th@yahoo.com
Jeremy (the Wolf) +1		Late June (FF)		retsofymerej@gmail.com
Glen Hubble (Chance)	early August (section)		glenhubbell@yahoo.com

Total hikers = 20 , FF = flip flop, section = section hiker
Terri
Seattle
Tasha Wyatt <tasha.wyatt@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All!

For those of you who are southbounding or flip flopping, When Are you
heading to BC to start? What are your expectations as for weather and
snow? If you are flip Flopping, where are you leaving from?

How many of you are there?

Thanks!!

Tasha