[pct-l] hiker97@aol.com, carolwbruno@yahoo.com, J.Hannah@marelich.com

My $0.02 on the BearVault:

That thing's friggin' huge! We lugged the bearvault around for a long weekend. It was heavy, bulky, and far too much space. If two very hungry people are going out for a week, then this is apropriate, but be prepared to lose pack-space.

Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:31:16 -0400
From: hiker97@aol.com
Subject: [pct-l] April Kickoff and Adjustable Bear Canister Challenge
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: carolwbruno@yahoo.com, J.Hannah@marelich.com

Just to clear things up.  No one approached me with an example of an
adjustable bear canister at the April Kickoff.  I was a little
disappointed until I saw the new Solo BearVault canister.  That made me feel
better.  I had sharpened my teeth for biting any adjustable canister
candidates at the Kickoff.  Not to eat the canister, but to test it out like
a bear.  Biting the canisters a lot and kicking them around to
determine a winner.  I was thinking of biting the challengers too.  Cheers,
Switchback

Yahoo! Mail