[pct-l] question regarding water at Pioneer Mail Trailhead near MtLaguna

There is no potable water provided by the Forest Service at Pioneer Mail.
You found the water source. The trough is fed by a tank a little way up the
hill. I don't know if you can get water directly from the tank, but if you
can it should be cleaner there.

Frank Dumville

mentions water here but I couldn't find another source. Did I miss it? If
so where is it in relation to the non-potable water? or is this water
treatable?