[pct-l] JMT Questions

Andrew,

As you may or may not know, they reserve half of the permits for issuance on the
day of the hike. Depending on your timing, you may be able to show up and just
get a new permit issued. I was able to do that last fall (albeit after Labor Day
when the demand wasn't as great).

As to your other question, I use Aqua Mira with good results (less taste issue
than with Iodine, which I've also used). But I agree with Dude-- water quality
is probably not much of an issue in the Sierras.

--Steve