[pct-l] Ice Handle Length

This subject to me is up there with " Bear Canisters". I hate short handled
axes. You might as well cut the handle of your hammer in half as well,, if
fact cut ALL your tool handles in half!! When was the last time you saw Pete
Fish or any of his crew out cutting bush with tools his only half their
handle lengths? ( This is what you are doing with your ice axe tool) PLUS
you increase you chance to get stuck in the ribs during a fall.   Just as a
pistol is much easier to be pointed in the wrong direction than a rifle,, so
is a short axe in a fall. A long axe is easier to control than a short one
,,period. Going up a hill isn't as bad,, but coming down with your handle
dangling above the snow??  Pete Fish's job would be easier as well to chop
off half all his handles as far as packing,,,,,,,, Bad Idea!!!