[pct-l] Joe & Terrie Anderson

Joe and Terrie Anderson, and their children, have hearts of pure gold.  They are the kindest, most generous, gregarious, and fun-loving people.  Jeff and and I are fortunate to call them our friends.  What they do for hikers, both at their home, in the Enchanted Forest, and through their caches, is extraordinary.  And necessary for many hikers after the miserable, often blazing hot, stretch of trail that has come to be known as "Blister Alley."  Not to mention the magic they've gone out and surprised hikers with at various, unexpected, locations.

I have heard from countless hikers how much the Anderson's caches and hospitality meant to them.  It makes me happy to know that the Anderson's are there, just up the trail a ways, looking out for and helping those in need of a bit of rest, some doctoring, or a wonderful memory of a great time to keep forever.  The hospitality available in Section E has made one of the most difficult sections of trail into one of the best, and the Anderson's are to be thanked and commended for their heartfelt contributions.

A little bit of healthy competition between trail angels, with tongue-in-cheek, isn't a bad thing.  Some hikers have humorously fostered this concept, being the beneficiaries of hosts trying to one-up each other. Heck, when I heard the Lopez family in Wrightwood have a big screen TV and a pool table, I considered the gauntlet thrown down -- that rocks!  Everybody gives what they can or want to give, and there is no right or better way to host.   Agua Dulce does not define hosting.  It is only one way, and by no means the right or only way, to support those in need of a place to rest, recuperate, recharge, and resupply.

I am not going to respond directly to the uncalled-for, maliciously intended, attack on the Anderson's.  Everyone can see that it was pure meanness and meant to hurt them.  Why anyone would want to do this is beyond my comprehension, especially when aimed at two such loving and giving people.  When you take aim at one of us, you've taken aim at all of us.  Beware the wrath of angels.

L-Rod
aka Donna Saufley