[pct-l] Fuller Ridge alt route

I'm starting north from Campo on Monday.  I figured a May 9th start was
just about right for this year. But the snow is certainly not melting away
quickly. I'm currently planning to hike on thru along Fuller Ridge, but
should I decide to take the alternate route, how do I get there?  I want to
keep my walk continuous, regardless of which route I take, so how can I
walk from Idyllwild to the Black Mountain truck trail intersection with the
PCT?  Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks in advance,
Lobo