[pct-l] snow comparisons

My curiosity extends to the southern ranges.  It seems to me to be one of the heaviest snow years in recollection in the San Bernardino and San Gabriel Range.  I remember the snow being heavy late into '98, but I don't remember the local situation being quite as daunting.

L-Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: The Weathercarrot <weathercarrot@hotmail.com>
Sent: May 4, 2005 10:24 PM
To: reynolds@iLAN.com, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] snow comparisons

Tom writes:

<< Well, 2005 is shaping up like I predicted. The May 1 snow survey is in
and
it shows San Joaquin 200% of normal (up from 164% April 1), Kings 170% of
normal (up from 132%) and Kern 186% (up from 145%). Further, the forcast is
for cold, wet weather well into the second half of May. We are looking at a
big, late winter. >>

One thing I've been very curious about is how this year compares to 1983,
1993, 1995, and 1998. Do you have enough historical data to give us specific
comparisons between what we've got now and those four other high snow years?
thanks,

wc