[pct-l] re: false snow reading?

I posted earlier about my suspicion that the snow sensor at Upper Tyndall
Creek is producing bad data about the snow level in the Sierras.  I wrote
to a guy at CDEC to ask his opinion.  He thinks I'm wrong.  *I* still
think the data looks very odd, but I'm really an amateur at this.  If the
sensor is accurate, tthen the melt IS going very slowly.  Here is the
reply I got:

"Maybe UTY is flat lined because nothing much has occurred to make it
melt.  Temperature means almost nothing.  Total solar radiation means
almost everything and it's been stormy and cloudy more often than it's
been sunny and "nice" up there.  Be patient, little one."

/Eric