[pct-l] havens, trail angels, meeting places

In thruhiker season Pooh Corner is probably the stop of choice.

We were hiking late in the season so we did spend a night at Clair Tappaan
last year. The cost was about $40/person per night. That included a family
style dinner and breakfast. They put out fixings in the morning so you can
make a bag lunch for the day. In the hostel tradition they ask that you do
a small chore. They also had laundry facilities.
http://www.sierraclub.org/outings/lodges/ctl/

For resupply:
Soda Springs is another couple of miles down the road with a post office
and small store, but no laundry.
Truckee is a full service town down the road to the east. There is bus
service between the west end of Donner Lake and the old downtown section of
Truckee.

Frank Dumville