[pct-l] Why I (blah blah) the ADZPCTKO; Thoughts... ; Let's pull it togethe...

Gary, I disagree.  I just re-read enyapjir's post once again.  Even on the second reading, it is still an obvious attack on Greg.  You can feel the anger in enyapjir's words.  It is clearly a personal attack.  Defending your opinion on a public forum is acceptable, attacking another person is not.  Plain and simple.

Like I said before, I 'm sure that the anger expressed on the list in the last week would NEVER have occurred if we were not hiding behind our computer teminals.  If this were discussed in person (which I realize is not possible), the anger would not have surfaced.  I hope that everyone on the list has learned from this and we can return to lively discussion MINUS personal attacks.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Gary Wright <at2002@mac.com> wrote:
On May 3, 2005, at 11:49 AM, yogi wrote:
> enyapjir: It's never an endearing quality to air your
> dirty laundry or attack someone on an internet list.

So true.

> If you have personal issues with another list member,
> it's best to approach that person via a private email.

Also true. Yet I don't think either suggestion is
applicable to enyapjir's postings.

Comments made in public are subject to a public response
and I think enyapjir was responding to public criticism
of his own public comments. Criticism, even harsh
criticism, is not the same thing as a personal attack.

That being said, Yogi's suggestion that personal attacks
not be part of the debate is of course a good one.