[pct-l] Re: Muir Trail travel from San Fran

It's not all that easy to get from SFO to Yosemite, but I'd try to get to an Amtrak station and take that to Merced, and then get on the YARTS bus.  That will drop you in Yosemite Valley and you can easily get to the JMT trailhead at Happy Isles.
Katy

backpack45scb <rbalcorn@gmail.com> wrote:
Last I heard, you use Amtrak from LA or SF to Merced, and then by VIA bus to
Yosemite. This site gives phone numbers, links, etc. If you don't want to do
Amtrak, checkout renting a car and dropping it in Merced.
http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~rbell/JMTTransport.html
-
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/johnmuirtrail.html