From: "AsABat" <AsABat@4Jeffrey.Net>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 9:49 PM
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Montbell Light Shell jacket

> Went to one store..asked if they had a scale. They
> looked at me funny and were kinda rude.

> When to another store, asked for a scale, they did not
> look at me funny but said they did not have a
> scale.but knew the weight. I can live with that.

And you believed them??? They probably got it from the manufacturer, and
some of them don't have a clue. I have a sleeping bag that's almost 25%
heavier than advertised. I think they weighed the fabric without the zippers
and webbing.

I was impressed when I stopped in a store I don't often shop at for a new
down jacket and asked if they had a scale. Not only did they have one, it
was a hanging digital one. I'll be shopping there more often now.

AsABat