[pct-l] Montbell Light Shell jacket

--- Mark Verber <verber@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will second Paul's recommendation of the Montbell
> Light Shell.  I
> agree that it is lighter, cheaper, better crafted,
> just as windproof,
> and more breathable than the Marmot Driclim
> Windshirt.   I am not sure
> it's more water resistant.. .I wonder if this is
> Paul comparing a well
> loved (but tired) Driclim windshirt to a new Light
> Shell.

There may be something to that! :D Seriously, I
noticed it beading water a bit. I don'r recall the
Windshirt doing that at all. But, you are right...the
Windshirt is quite worn at this point.  Sniff. Sniff.

(Colorado Trail, PCT, Utah, Wyoming, my morning
commute via bike, worn in winter under a light shell,
for everything it seems..YEs..well loved indeed.)

> body hugging than the Marmot Driclim windshirt and a
> bit less
> insulating. The Light Shell also wicks better.  I

It is indeed body hugging. Not sure if it is
warmer/colder yet. In my little use, only found it
slightly cooler. But, I have ~4yrs+ of catching up to
do to the windshirt! :)

Since I tend to move a lot when backpacking (as
opposed to hanging in camp), the wicking action will
probably serve me better. WE'll see!

> that part of Boulder has changes a LOT in the last
> 25 years.

I suspect it looked just a tad different in 1970...

As with the PCT some change is good, some change is
not so good. But change in inevitable. As the saying
goes "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost".

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com