[pct-l] Sections G and H in June -- need advice

I am planning to begin Section G at Hwy 178, about 50 miles south of Kennedy
Meadows, on June 2.

I have limited time, and think I can get as far north as Mt Whitney, Forester
Pass or, with luck, Kearsarge Pass before I leave the trail.

I know there has been a ton of snow this winter and I am worried about
conditions.  I assume a lot of thru hikers will have been through this area by June,
but I don't really know what to expect.

Will the trail be well worn from all the through hikers?  Would it be crazy
to try this without ice ax, crampons and/or snow shoes?  Is climbing Mt Whitney
out of the question?  Is it unrealistic to answer these questions until late
May, when we have more accurate (and current) information?

I don't mind a challenge, but don't want to put anyone at risk or make it any
harder than it needs to be.  I could really use input from anyone who knows
more about conditions there.

I was in the San Jacintos last November and there was occasionally 2 to 3' of
snow at 8000', so I figured that by June there is a lot less, even at
10,000', but the end of Section G and the beginning of Section H are often at
11,000', even 12,000'.

Any information, cautions, suggestions, encouragement, will be very welcome.

Thanks.

Lee Marsden

and now I am thinking about snow shoes, crampons, etc.  I know