[pct-l] Memories of Years Past

Something interesting about the trail of past years.  When I went back to the
High Sierra Trail, the JMT, and the PCT in the early 90's after many years
away, the first thing that hit me from the past was the smells.

Yes, I sort of remembered the scenes and they looked vaguely familiar, but
what hit me was the odor of the plants, dirt, and the feel of the sun on my
body.  Weird.  It was a very strong and I will never forget the feeling from years
past on my senses.  It was also very nice and comfortable.  Like meeting an
old friend again.

I wonder if others have had the same experience when going back to an area
after many years.

By the way, I think the woman your caveman buddies remembered with
Rattlesnake was me.  I looked a little different 34 years ago.  Glad I made such a big
impression.

Cheers, Switchback