[pct-l] Mexican to Canada...I'm afraid not.

Gang,
I have some disheartening news to share:

While visiting border patrol agents in Campo last weekend it was brought to my attention that the actual boundary between the US and Mexico is not the corrugated metal fence that all us PCT hikers stick our hands and feet under! Apparently the US and Mexico couldn't come to an agreement about the placement of such a structure, so the US erected the fence on US property, approximently 10-30 feet (different distance in different places, based on the land's geography, etc) north of our neighbors. This solved the disagreement but ruins lots and lots of PCT hikers dreams of having actually hiked from Mexico to Canada. I hate to be the bearer of such bad news.

Tongue in cheek, as always,
-Chuckie