[pct-l] Reflections on the ADZPCTKOP

Another wonderful gathering of the tribe in Lake
Morena. As always, a big tip of the hat to all the
people who've organized this annual event. Herding
500+ hikers into a semblance of organization is a feat
to say the least! :D

Was envious seeing all the 2005 PCTers about to head
out on their upcoming adventure.  Yeah..I've hike
through the Sierra, the Cascades et al...but they are
about to hike through the beauty I saw three years
ago. Could not help but think about my own trek three
years ago as I saw the excitement of those about to
head to points north.

Great seeing friends from the hiking community I've
known over the years. Was also nice to put a name to a
face of people I've "talked" to via e-mail for a while
now as well.

Can't add anymore kudos to Weather Carrot's DVD.
Simple to say it was awesome!

Meeting Scott Williamson was also a treat. Here is a
person who did something many of us (myself included!)
would be able to do. Yet, he is so unassuming and
modest. Wow!

Had fun hanging with the 2003 PCTers, some of whom
I've met before. Some who became new friends.
Something about sitting at a campfire, listening to
music and being with friends (old and new) is timeless
and enjoyable.

Can't forget to mention the fun I had being a judge at
the BOYMUIC. Chuckie was perfect for the MC! And the
"grand prize" of a dumbbell with a plaque! Well, it
was appropriate. Warning to future PCTers. A very
detailed plan may make you get a special "prize". :)

Was enjoyable pitching in my own small way to help
out. Was long overdue for me give back a little bit to
the KOP people!

The other highlight was seeing my good friend Yogi.
Hard to believe we have not seen each other in almost
1.5 yrs! We were able to get a flight together back to
Denver (as Yogi went on to KC). Two two hour flight
(and the beers before and after the Denver flights!)
was so much fun. I miss the people I shared the
journey with!  Much to Yogi's chagrin, she is becoming
"famous". Don't worry Yogi, we'll keep you honest. ;-)

Funniest momen of the KOP for me? When Suge, Yogi and
I were driving back to the airport. We are on the road
near Barrel Springs. WE see 15-20 hikes on their way.
We honked and waved. All I could think of was the elk
sightings tourists do in Rocky Mtn National Park. You
know? Drive along, point, take pictures. :)  The latin
name for what we saw were pcterus thruhikerum. ;-)

Ah so many great memories!

Finally, I think it is safe to say the happiest perosn
there was Greg. He had a smile on his face that did
not go away!!!!!

Pics at:
http://gallery.backcountry.net/adz2005

(Carl, feel free to use whatever you like for the
adzkop website)

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com