[pct-l] soda can fire starter

Who needs to carry a lighter?

http://www.trackertrail.com/survival/fire/cokeandchocolatebar/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I just gave this a try, and it works! You will
needa can that doesn't have embossed numbers in the base.I used a
Milwaukee's Best beer can I found on the road.I polished the base with Blue
Magic metal polish, whywaste good chocolate. I then tested it in the sun
witha strike-on-box-wooden-match. It fired up within a minute. Hold the
match at a 45degree angle from the rim and aboutan inch away from the
center. The sundot will be the smallest and most focused at about that
point. You could win some beer bets with this campsite trick. As a
firestarterI'm sure it would work with the right kindling.  Pretty amazing,
and clever use of an aluminum can! To save weight cut the base off and carry
just the reflector, or polishthe base of your soda can alcohol stove.