[pct-l] Please HELP me!!!!

Brian McLaughlin <bmclaughlin@bigplanet.com> wrote:

>Some (rather selfish) hikers have been known to supply their TP
>from public toilets along the way. I don't recommend it. You could
>buy TP rolls, make a few mini-rolls, and put the rest in your bounce
>box - or put some in your resupply boxes.

I don't know if this was directed toward me or not.  I really fail to see
how this makes me or any hiker selfish.  Im not advocating being a tp thief
or anything like that.  But lets just say you've got a bad case of the runs,
and you've got 2 days til town, and you run out of tp, and the forest for 50
square miles is completely coniferious.......and then, in the distance you
see an outhouse at a front country campground,  and you open the door and
before you sits an untouched full roll of charmin double ply, I mean, come
on now!  Would taking enough for 2 days make me selfish?

I admit, I did embelish just a wee bit there, but Ive had something similar
happen.

On a more a more serious note (Im sitting on my toilet with my laptop now):

If the money I spend at hotels, diners, and anywhere else in town is seen as
a selfish act, and not worthy of a few extra squares, than I am guilty.  I
don't go raiding the bathrooms at diners, but if I forgot to grab some from
a hiker box, motel, or store I'll grab some after my last meal before I hit
the trail.  I don't see that as selfish.  I just spent 15 bucks, gave a
large tip, and enjoyed myself thouroghly.  And Ive probably already been to
the same diner twice before.  I don't think they'll miss the occasional
square.

Can you spare a square, man?

Perhaps I'll give myself a new trail name: The TP Thief

Munch