[pct-l] Foot problems

A couple months ago when the dialogue was around about foot issues I erased or barely skimmed the info saying "I don't have foot problems."  Well I do now and I thought up until today that I would have to postpone my PCT section hike from Mexico to Home in Lake Arrowhead next week.  Around Easter I hiked section E 100 miles in fairly new NEW BALANCE 807's.  Left foot started to pain after a two days on the outside middle arch.  I ignored it and continued to hike for the reamining three days limping into the Saufley's.  I figured the pain would go away but it did not.  After 10 days and no improvement I went to get Xrays thinking it might be a hair liine fracture.  The Xray came back inconclusive and my foot started to feel better so I attempted a  15 mile day hike in Snow Creek last Sunday.  It started to hurt immeditately,  I then thought my dream of hiking this Spring were over and I set up an appointment with a podiatrist today to confirm that.  By today most of my pain was gone
 and I had done a short hike yesterday with my winter boots without any pain.  Today my podiatrist took the time and answered my questions ..... confirmed my suspinsion that it was not a foot problem but a shoe problem..... he coached my on the how and the why of having a firm sole and laughed at my two pairs of NB and expained why they hurt my feet.  I then went to REI and purchased a hiking shoe that weighs more than my NB but feels really solid ....... I am going to test my new shoes out a few times this week and hopefully it will  work and I will be joining the herd next week.  I hope with very little pain.

Duane= shutterbugg