[pct-l] Ice Axe / Crampons.

Perhaps after the Pines-to-Palms highway and before you reach I-10.  That is, the stretch through the San Jacinto range, near the Desert Divide, around Idyllwild. This stretch was one of the most difficult on the entire trail, with tons of exposure.  It was also one of my absolute favorites.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett