[pct-l] VVR or not to VVR?

As with Iron Chef, my memories are not of how much it
cost at VVR..my memories are of the people. Still
remember the morning when I bumped into Iron Chef. He
was
getting off the ferry and continuing his trek north.
D-low, Doc, Llama and myself were ready to get get
some food, a shower and a little RnR.

I remember the smell of coffee hitting me as I walked
in the door.

Seeing Restless Winds with a sh** eating grin as he
smiled at us. We thought he was behind us; he took a
wrong turn on the trail and bushwhacked to VVR. We
were all so happy to see him because we did not know
what happened!  And he realized how envious I was of
him as he sat there eating mounds of pancakes!

I remember sitting by Lake Edison, basking in the sun
relaxing.

I remember all the funny jokes we all told amongst
each other.

I remember having cherry pie for breakfast the
following day.

After 10 days in the Sierra, VVR was welcome respite.

Gawd...I miss it so.

It is why I am looking forward to the KOP. To see my
buddies, to relive those memories. VVR was part of
those memories.  Chuckie's words are so very true.

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com