[pct-l] Hiking with Arthritis/use of DSMO

On 3/29/2005 2:15:12 PM Reindeer wrote:

> Has anyone else heard of this (DSMO) or used it or heard of any negative
side effects?

This is an old remedy my family had used for years until the ban came into
affect.  Until you mentioned it I had forgotten about it.  I talked to my
Mom about it and she wasn't aware of any negative side effects beyond the
funny taste you get in your mouth after using it.  Apparently you can still
get the stuff at tack and feed stores or from veterinarians over the
counter, for treatment of animals, but I am only repeating what I've heard
on that score.

Good luck with the remedy and the hike.

Ken Davis