[pct-l] Nalgene Bottle Question

I am thinking of using Nalgene 32 ounce wide mouth bottles for my GORP and
nut butter cracker sandwiches.  I have used them for jerky and GORP before.  I
was wondering if anyone has ever had a varmint problem with them.  Are they
pretty much varmint proof?

I plan to use the bottles with the REI Sip bottle holder on my belly pack
belt.  Should work very nicely and keep the food at my finger tips as I walk.

By the way, I find that nut butters (peanut, cashews, almond, etc.) with
crackers are much better than power/energy bars, etc., on the trail.  Make your
own sandwiches at home with whole grain and Ritz type crackers and you will be
very happy and energized on the trail.  Eat some for breakfast for fast,
powerful energy in the morning.  What is nice too is that you can eat them as you
start your early morning hiking and get a burst of energy without cooking or
other preparation.  Plus they are easily digestible.  Eat them with some
electrolyte drinks, like Smart Water, in the morning - another Switchback Super Secret
for happy hiking.

Future installments on this list I will give you the recipe for a GORP mix
that will blow your taste buds and is very simple to make.

Cheers, Switchback