[pct-l] Getting off work

I've worked as an engineer for a major aircraft manufacturer in the Puget
Sound region.  (Hmmm, what company could that be)?  After fifteen years of
working my youth away and the break up of my marriage, I decided I had to
change something up.  A couple of years ago I stumbled into the book
"Hiking the Triple Crown" and I've been working toward the goal of hiking
the PCT ever since.  Fortunately, my management was sensitive to my
situation and allowed a leave of absence.  I suspect they figured they
didn't have a choice if they wanted me to come back.  I think they
understood that I was committed to do this hike with or without their
approval.

My last day of work is April 1.  My first day back there will be Oct 31.
Easy dates to remember.  Soon I'll start moving my things into a storage
unit.  It's funny to think that I won't have a home when I get done with
this hike.  It'll be a whole new beginning.  Having a month of free time
after the hike will come in handy for getting myself situated.

Ken Davis