[pct-l] Sew what?

I drew up a sewing primer on my site that talks about the basic things
of sewing:
http://www.aidshike.org/PCT/sewnstuff/primer

Your problem is going to be getting a pocket onto an existing pack. Were
it me, and I had to do it, I would get a seam ripper, take the pack
apart at the seams, add the pocket, and then put it back together. You
might not trust your sewing as much as a manufacturers, but they don't
really have that many tricks up their sleeves. The only things that are
important are to make sure that your stitch length is nice and short
(and hence strong), that you double back the ends of your seams, and
that you doublestitch EVERYTHING. Bartacks help too. Otherwise, there's
not much difference between what they do and what we do.

If you still don't feel confident about the project, you might want to
get one of the G4 kits from Quest Outfitters, and make that pack. Once
you've done that everything about making packs will make a good deal
more sense - plus, it only costs like $40 or so for the experience.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to answer the
small as well as the big.

-mike

www.aidshike.org
 -510.547.4299-