[pct-l] Oregon PCT in June

No permits needed.

If there is any significant snow around Sisters/Santiam Pass, I'd suggest
that you detour NW on the old Oregon Skyline Trail #3491 (aka The Santiam
Lake Trail)  through the Eight Lakes Basin instead of climbing up around
Three Fingered Jack.  This lovely alternate route is reached 1.4 miles north
of the Santiam PCT trailhead parking lot. It stays low, has lots of lakes,
and rejoins the PCT just south of Milk Creek, thereby avoiding the 6400 foot
saddle north of Three Fingered Jack. Santiam Lake makes a great camping
spot. I haven't hiked this route since the fire last year so you might want
to check with the USFS for an update.

Be advised, you will have to descend a semi-permanent snow field at 6900
feet on the north face of Park Ridge immediately north of Jefferson Park. I
hit a huge snow field there in late August. Route finding across Jefferson
Park can be tricky as there are dozens of use paths criss-crossing it and
signs were almost non-existent when I was there many years ago. You are
aiming for the big ridge to the north as you enter JP - it runs E-W across
your vision so head in that general direction. You should be able to see the
PCT climbing E-W up the south face of the ridge.

Wandering Bob.