[pct-l] Snike bite Kit....!

Question, Last year I didnt see any snakes till after Scizzors Crossing I
was hiking by myself late in the day about 2-3 miles from Barrel spring and
I nearly stepped on a rattle snake. I think he may have struck at my hiking
pole as I saw the movement out of the corner of my eye. He even came up the
trail after me but I stopped and he stopped and slivered off the trail while
I was taking a picture of him. Im not afraid of snakes but I have a lot of
respect for them. If he would have bit me what would be the proper thing to
do? It was getting late and there was probably nobody behind me no cell
phone to call 911 or anything like that.
  As it turned out I didnt get bit and there was another hiker about 20
minutes behind me but I didnt know that at the time. Also saw a second
rattler 100 yards futher down the trail.
Pat