[pct-l] what date would you IDEALLY leave Campo?

Dear wise and esteemed PCT-L dwellers:

So.... I was planning to begin my 2005 PCT hike from the kick-off, and
timed my leave of absence from work accordingly.  Now, my employer is in
such a bind that the prospect of a retention bonus has me considering
whether I should reconsider my start date.

Given what you know about conditions this year, your experiences on the
trail, the zodiac chart that you consult for such things...  what date
would you ideally start your hike?

Other information that may or may not be relevant:
* I'd consider myself average to somewhat above average in terms of
daily miles.
* I'm not looking for a social experience, but I do hope to see others
on the trail.

Alternately, anyone out there considering southbound?  Not because you
couldn't go northbound this year, but just because you could go
southbound?

Regards, Bethany