From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of rjc
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:55 AM
To: David Tibor; PCT-L
Subject: Re: [pct-l] ice axes - thoughts.

Three rules of mountaineering re icy (or even scree!!!- ) I have arrested
on screen once
and once on icy ledge- = twice in 30 years+ of mountaineering.. and both times
were absolute;ly avoidable and both because I was dumbly inattentive to my
surroundings)

Do everything you can to:

1- Not stumble and fall
2- Don't slide if you fall.