[pct-l] Charter a bus to Manning?

I could be dead wrong, but it seems far-fetched to imagine
35 or more PCT hikers all boarding a bus in unison at any
one locale along the trail, singing 99 bottles of beer on
their way to Manning, happily disgorging into the bracing
air of the Great White North, and trundling southward o'er
the border and back to Oz.

I would really love to see that though!

In my experience, one can lag at trailside just long enough
to water a tree, then return to the path to discover
everyone's vanished, up ahead and uncatchable for at least a
week. Which is actually my new litmus test for whether a
trail offers a sufficient amount of solitude. (Mine were
healthy hikes.)

- bf