[pct-l] Interesting website

" Astrid: I don't go anywhere with out my mini iPod. I make up the extra
3.6oz with less food, a smaller tarp, whatever. The idea is to do what works
for you I can be 12 miles from the trail head with only two hours until
dark. I just que up the Butthole Surfers, Dead Kennedy's or maybe some Sex
Pistols and start running and I'm at the bar by dark. I don't drink alcohol
but I can always find some guy jock to beat arm wrestling for a free steak
dinner. You can do that with a base pack weight under four pounds. "

This has to be a joke.  Still, the gear looks legit.  It's probably meant to
be self-critical humor from one ultralighter to the rest of us.
    At any rate, it got me thinking.  Has anyone ever heard of someone doing
a major thru-hike on a survival lifestyle?  One would certainly have to be
an expert, but it seems like it would be possible.  The hard part would be
finding enough time to forage, walk 20+ miles and construct/find shelter
every day.
Peace and Love,
Matt