[pct-l] RE: pct-l Digest, Vol 23, Issue 9

Moosemunch,
My computer crashed and I lost your email.  Did ya make it all the way?  I heard from Shoe and he just made it a little over 100 miles to Anza.  I've been wondering if ye made it.  I'm going to have a month from Mid-July to mid-Aug.  I'll be starting at Manning and seeing how far south I can make it.
Capt Bivy

Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 02:45:43 +0000
From: "Tom Kowalik" <moosemunch_7@hotmail.com>
Subject: [pct-l] (no subject)
To: david@emeraldlake.com, pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net

Montrails trail runners don't agree with my feet, but everyones different.?
Nor do New Balance which is weird cuz Ive got really wide feet and they are
one of the few brands that carry wide sizes.? I started the AT with NB and I
ended up in Tevas for 2 weeks, then my Montrail Gorre GTX boots for a week,
then finally a pair of Vasque Velocity.? They are built a bit wide for the
average foot and for me they work perect, 1 blister on my big toe from
Idlwyld to Sonora Pass.? They breathe well, but are not as durable as they
should be.? Id like a bit more rubber on the bottoms.? Great grip on rocks
and such.? Ive not seen many others using them though.

Hope this helps,
Munch