[pct-l] poison oak immunity?

I seem to be one of those.  Poison oak, in spite of
repeated exposure here on my own land (in northern
California), has bothered me only once.  And that was
a minor, tiny spot on one arm after I spent a couple
of hours yanking it out of the ground.  I wear gloves
anyway, and never burn it with other brush since the
smoke can be very dangerous.  I am told that repeated
exposure will eventually get to me, so I am far more
careful now.

Somewhere along the PCT in northern California, near a
fish hatchery, there was poison oak gauntlet right on
the trail - and virtually impossible to avoid.  Maybe
another hiker can remember where.

Maybe Mike is onto something regarding oilcans.  Maybe
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is saving me, so I'll continue
with that just in case.  I know for sure that several
garlic-jalapeno home brews in Sierra City during my
thru hike kept the mosquitoes away for two days.

Larry

--- Steve Courtway <scourtway@bpa-arch.com> wrote:

> Some people claim to have an immunity to the oak, I
> wonder if there's any
> truth to that.
>
> s.c.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!