[pct-l] History Trivia Along the PCT

Does anyone know of any interesting historical trivia of the area, peaks
and such of the PCT between Warner Springs and the 10 freeway?
I always like to know about these little pieces of knowledge in the
areas I hike in.
I'll be on the trail between the 74 and Fobes this weekend.

Did you know that Spitler Peak is named after a hermit who lived near
the peak that bears his name?

Stuff like that.

I'd love to know the story behind "Mad Woman Spring", just east of the
PCT from Fobes Saddle!

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m