[pct-l] poison oak

Instead of calamine, you should carry Zanfel.  It comes in a tiny 1-ounce tube and costs between $30 and $40 dollars.  Expensive but AMAZING stuff.  It truly stops the poison oak from spreading.  It's sold over the counter at pharmacies.

I learned about Zanfel in a sort of funny way - in 2003 while crossing the Mojave, I was still dealing with the poison oak I got near Wrightwood.  I like listening to music on my walkman when I'm bored.  I could only get one station, and they were playing the Paul Harvey news show.  I was pissed because I wanted music, and I almost turned the radio off.  Then Paul Harvey did a commercial for Zanfel.  He saved my skin.  Now I never turn Paul Harvey off.  Who knows what he'll teach me next?

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Elizabeth <betseylou@mac.com> wrote:
Dear Lobo and anyone else afflicted by poison oak or ivy:

A dose pack is a tapering series of prednisone (steroids) you can get
from your doctor that will clear up the rash. After barely living
through most of my childhood summers, I finally got smart and I keep
one on hand. That and a gallon of calamine.

p.s.- Don't use bleach. But that's another story...

Re poison oak - what is a "dose pack"? Mentioned by Elizabeth earlier.

Lobo - PCT05