[pct-l] The Day?

>>The Day is rapidly approaching
>>when many oilcans will be popped all over this great
>>land for a great cause;

An ethnic holiday in mid-March orginally celebrated by
immigrants from Europe? What could it be?

I know! I know! St. Joseph's day..right?

http://riroads.com/members/stjosephsday.htm

No oilcans but delicious zeppolle! Mmmm..

In the language of my great-grandfather (probably said
in southern dialect which I sadly do not know at all):

Quest' la vita e qui il gioire, un' ora di abbrezzo e
poi moire.

(This is life and this is joy: an hour of embracing
and then to die.)

Mags - who hasn't had a zeppolle in a long, long time
and will glady have a Guinness come March 17th. :)

(Seriously: love the Gaelic toast! )

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com