[pct-l] condensation on inside of homemade tarptent

It's the grass.  When choosing your camping spot, try to camp under trees on dirt.  This will make a HUGE difference in the amount on condensation on either a tarp or tent.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Craig Smith <csmith.atmos@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I had some condensation problems on the inside of my tarptent the
other night. I was wondering if anyones has come across this problem.
I had a nylon groundsheet set up underneath but was camped on green
grass, and it was a very humid night where i was (down unda' in the
blue mountains). Anyways, i woke up in the middle of the night, and
my homemade ghetto tarptent was dripping from the inside, so i had to
put away my nice new down sleeping bag. I was thinking it could be
that the problem could be solved by 1) not camping on green grass /
and/or 2) spraying my tarptent and groundsheet with waterproofing
spray. Any thoughts / suggestions ?

Cypress