[pct-l] Snow Waypoints

Ok. I took some time, and I entered about 150 waypoints into a file for
either National Geographic Topo! or MS Excel. The idea of these
waypoints is to create a connect the dots system for navigating while in
the snow between Kennedy Meadows and Donner Pass (hwy 80). If you have a
newer, more expensive GPS, you can upload one of these files to it, and
never look back. If you don't (as I do not) you can enter the waypoint
numbers manually from the Excel file into your GPS and carry the printed
version along with you.

The guide books have great maps, but they do not have lat and long, so
between these file and a GPS, it'll be pretty hard to get disoriented
for very long while in a snowy section - Or so the theory goes.

The files are on my website at:
http://www.aidshike.org/PCT/map_info

Hope these help some folks get through the snow. I know they make me
feel more confident. If anybody finds errors, let me know.

-mike

--

www.aidshike.org
 -510.547.4299-