[pct-l] The PCT from Space

I just found this NASA site that has THE most amazing capability; you can
view just about anywhere on earth from space, zooming in to see into your
backyard, literally.  You have to have a damn good high speed internet connection to
download all of the software and to run it, and NASA's server isn't always
able to keep up with all of the requests that it is getting (I hear through Wired
Magazine that they are getting some of the greatest demand for this in
history) to image the area you want to see.  However, even the views from 200 km up
are fantastic.

This, of course, is not real time satelite imagery, just a compilation of
satelite imagery in real color, in incredible detail.

They say that in the very near future you will be able to get near real time
and be able to look at archival imagery to compare to current or recent
imagery.

The Appalachian Trail is already delineated on these images as an optional
add-on.  Somebody, please, please, delineate the PCT!

All of you computer nerds, go to http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/ and start
downloading.

Have fun,

Greg