[pct-l] Fw: Putting Mt. Goats in Gorge to Hunt

As a resident of the Gorge--Hood River--let me clear the facts on this one:

One--the initial population will be 15-20 and there will be no hunting
season

Two--the main objectations are that goats will affect native endangered or
threatened plant species.  The hunting scenario is a ways off at best.

Three--There is questionable  evidence that goats are native to the area
since they disappeared around 1840.  However, the journals of Lewis and
Clark mention them, and Sgt. Patrick Gass noted in his own journal in
September of 1805 that ?There appears to be a kind of sheep in this
country...which have wool on.?

Four--They are not being placed there for hunting or tourism!!

I don't think goats are a good idea at this time in Gorge solely for the
plant species argument.  However, I want to make sure the correct
information is out there.

Thanks David