[pct-l] does your honey hike too?

Mags' comment about his better half brings up a good topic:  How many of you have a spouse/significant other who is inclined towards long-distance hiking?  Or not?  How many of you MET your spouse/significant other while long-distance hiking?  How many of you are trying to persuade your sweeties to give it a try?

As for myself, I started dating Sarah shortly after I returned from the trail in 2003.  She'd never been backpacking before (or skiing or mountain biking for that matter).  We've since moved to Park City Utah & she has really gotten into all things outdoors (it's hard not to in this place!).  Last summer we went to CA to pick up a week-long section I had missed, and we'll probably do the same in OR this summer.  I have asked her to come with me to hike the 500 miles in WA, and she seems into the idea so far!

However, she's not crazy about Liptons either...

Ajax

Mags wrote...
My better half and I are probably going to be
backpacking in Utah for a long weekend next month. As
she is NOT a thru-hiker/long distance hiker and will
not eat Lipton's rice (sensible woman, I always said.
:D), will be doing some actual cooking. I'll be
bringing her Dragonfly as it simmers.  (I'll also be
carrying it, too. But that's another story. ;) )