[pct-l]PCT Hike Planning Guide

ISTM that just in explaining "why" a Planning Guide was useless,
Podlesney described a needed component of the planning -- being
psychologically prepared. The knowledge that many of the psychological
obstacles which assail a backpacker or thru-hiker are common and to be
expected is a valuable tool for overcoming these obstacles. Such
knowledge can replace the belief that one alone has all these
afflictions with the knowledge that these are part of the journey; and
with some relief that one is more afflicted than others who
hiie/backpack. Or put slightly different, the description becomes a
psychological support group in print.
John