[pct-l] Who do I owe?

Over 5 years ago I began to seriously consider the idea of a thru-hike. It was
a shock to realize how little I knew about it. So, I began reading web pages of
those who had gone before me, I stumbled across the PCT-L in the process
and subscribed. I even bought a few popular books on the subject. I was learning.

Many evenings passed reading online journals. I scoured gear lists. The
guidebooks I read cover to cover long before I started the trip; the journey was
already underway.

The quantity of information available to me freely from absolute strangers was (is)
amazing. Ask a question on the list, minutes later an answer or 10. Not good
enough? Raid the archives.

Virtually all the information I posess on the subject has roots elsewhere and has
grown with me. So many strangers who have so unselfishly passed on their
knowledge simply for the asking.

Doesn't one incur some unspoken debt for obtaining this knowledge 'for free'?
After some extensive reflection, I realized the question "Who do I owe?" is
irrelevant. The real question is "How do I pay?"

How do you give back, from which you have acquired so much? Simple. Maybe I
can answer a question here and there. Maybe I can make my gearlist, schedule
or journal available on my web page so others have the same easy access I did;
so they may benefit the way I did.

Is a thru-hike in your future? Everything you need to know is there for the asking.
The resources are freely and widely available. No shrink-wrapped, step-by-step
solutions exsist. Make the planning part of your journey; hike your own hike.

And give a little back when you can.

Home       : http://DelNorteResort.Com
PCTSnow : http://DelNorteResort.com/cgi-bin/postHoler
CDTSnow : http://DelNorteResort.com/cgi-bin/cdtPostHoler