[pct-l] Sleeping bag liners

I didn't use a bag liner, but...

I bought a nice down bag for my 2004 thru-hike, and
brought along polypro long johns and sleeping socks,
which I always wore in the bag, to help keep it
cleaner (especially from my dirty feet).

Through northern California, I used a synthetic summer
bag, and didn't worry about keeping it clean, since
it's much easier to launder than a high-end down bag.
And since it was hot out, there was no need to
sleeping clothes anyway. From Tahoe to Ashland, I
pretty much had one pair of socks, shorts, a tshirt,
and a windshirt.

In the rain of Oregon and Washington last year, it was
great to have dry sleeping clothes and socks to get
into at the end of the day, besides their effect in
keeping the bag cleaner. I usually just kept my long
johns and socks in with the sleeping bag in a
waterproof stuff sack. Regardless of how wet I was,
once I got in the tarptent, I had dry clothes and a
dry bag to get into.